Monday, June 29, 2009

So it Begins - or I've got some N.E.R.V.

It's been a while since I decided to try my hand at creating a custom gaming system. So many previous efforts ended...well they ended. Since 2000 we' ve played D&D, some Shadowrun and BESM 3. Now I think I want to have a go at creating something that will allow us to approach a number of different types and genres of campaign (though frequently with an anime/manga/comic book/cartoon aesthetic or underpinning) without having to change systems for each one.

So that's what I want to try.

I'll use this blog to keep my thoughts on the process and the wiki site for the actual mechanics as they develop. You'll be able to comment here on the overall concepts and to respond to my musings. I'll also set it up so that you can muse on the "meta" here as well.

To comment on specific mechanical things, I'll be setting up the page-commenting functionality of the wiki site. You'll need to have a wikidot membership to do that but I hope that at least some of you will take part and help shape the thing as it comes along.

Obviously we won't be using this new game for the second season of Kurayami no shi but once we get some things to a usable point I hope to run some short OVAs to playtest the bits. We can use this blog to discuss series concepts for what ya'll might like to see for new campaigns.

About the Name

What would an RPG be without a catchy name? And what would an anime/manga game be without a silly acronym name? So of course the first thing I came up with was the name. Yes it's corny (cheese-dipped corn at that), but I like it. As soon as I get a chance it'll even have a snazzy graphic!!

So N.E.R.V.system it is, the Novel Exciting Robust Versatile anime-manga RPG is born. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

And Anno Hideaki can blow me if he dosen't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.